Baked avocado eggs make a perfect keto breakfast or brunch. High in fat with minimal carbs, they keep hunger away for hours. And the best part is they're so easy to make.
· 6 oz. bacon
· 2 avocados
· 4 eggs
· salt and pepper, to taste
· 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
· 1 oz. lettuce, shredded
· Ketogenic low carb
· Per serving
· Net carbs: 3 % (3 g)
· Fiber: 7 g
· Fat: 83 % (36 g)
· Protein: 14 % (13 g)
· kcal: 407
1. Fry the bacon in a skillet on high heat until crispy. Chop into small pieces. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
3. Cut avocados in half and remove pit. Remove some of the flesh to enlarge the hole on each half, as needed, so that a whole egg will fit without spilling over.
4. Place avocado halves on a baking sheet and crack an egg into each avocado hole. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
5. Top the eggs with quartered tomatoes then sprinkle bacon pieces.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the egg white is fully cooked and yolk is cooked to desired doneness.
7. Remove from oven and serve the baked avocado eggs topped with the shredded lettuce.
Having the bacon pre-cooked and chopped speeds the preparation.
Grated and melted cheese on top of the eggs when baking can make a nice addition.
Instead of lettuce, feel free to garnish with chopped cilantro, arugula or Italian parsley, as desired.